How to register new Dribbble App?
- Go to https://dribbble.com/account/applications/ and login if you are not logged in into dribbble.
- Click on Register a new application button.
- Enter App name e.g “Social Stream App”. Enter URL of your website in Website URL & Callback URL
- Accept terms and conditions and click on the button Register Application.
- Once the application created, visit on this link https://dribbble.com/account/applications here you can see the newly created app.
- Click on the newly created app you can find out the Client ID and Client Secret below in the page.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret and paste it on your Social Streams Designer Plugin’s page in admin panel.
How to get Access Token?
Using Postman was the easiest way I found to do this, so download and install that first.
- Open a browser window and log into your Dribbble account.
- In a new window, go to the following url:
(Replace CLIENT_ID with the long Client ID number provided when you registered your application)
- A Authorization Screen will appear with the name of the application you registered, choose to Authorize your application
After authorizing, you will be redirected to a URL that looks similar to this:
Get the Token
- Using Postman, create a new Request
- Select POST, and enter the following URL:
- Replace the CLIENT_ID and CLIENT_SECRET with the ID and Secret provided by Dribbble after successfully registering your app
- Replace the COPIED_CODE with the code you just copied from the callback URL page
- Hit Send, and your Access Token will be returned, mine looked like this: